Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting Back to Cooking

My nights in the kitchen have been seriously sporadic as of late. I'm finding it really hard to get everything done and still have the desire to shop and cook. But I snuck a quick meal in the other night and it was soooo good!

sorry for the not so creative picture...the camera on my phone is
so much more convenient 

Scallops are tricky sometimes because you can overcook them very easily. It is the type of thing that you actually have to pay attention to. But overall this was a quick and tasty dish that I highly recommend you try. Let me preface this by saying I usually do not opt for rice (I'm a pasta girl) but I wanted to try jasmine rice for the first time.... and I'm hooked. I don't know why I've never had it before.


  • scallops (6 per person)
  • scallop seasoning: paprika, Jamaican curry, cayenne pepper, garlic powder
  • jasmine rice (1 c. per 2 people) 
  • snow peas
  • cilantro
  • scallions
  • garlic
  • ginger
  • shredded coconut
  • olive oil
  1. Soak the rice for 20 minutes in room temp water
  2. Coat both sides of each scallop in it's seasonings
  3. Saute the garlic, ginger, & scallions in olive oil, put aside to mix with rice
  4. In same pan, saute snow peas for a few minutes
  5. Drain rice and add new water (1 1/2 c. per c. of rice), bring to boil, stir, cover, let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  6. Cook scallops in same pan used for snow peas. Add more olive oil if necessary (should lightly cover entire pan). Cook 4 minutes per side.
  7. Mix garlic, ginger, scallions, and coconut into rice. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
  8. Done & done!
This whole meal should take about 30 minutes, and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! The sweet rice goes really well with the spicy scallops.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...