Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Thyme

cabbage flowers- they smelled amazing!

I took these pics 2 days ago when it was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! It's really time to start thinking about the garden. We actually started doing things to prepare but as warm as it has been, today is a reminder that it's important to wait until the frost free date to plant outside. It is cold, windy, and raining. It's truly a RAW day.

lemon balm started growing mysteriously
I went into the garden and was actually surprised at how much was going on. Celery, cabbage, and leeks wintered over from last year. The raspberry bush is starting to blossom. The strawberry plants were green. There is kale and collards growing I guess left over from last year b/c I sure as hell didn't plant anything yet, and the carrots are still going strong. Definitely going to be juicing the carrot tops (super healthy!!!!)



I love the energy of spring. Warm days are ahead, the birds are back, leaves are starting to pop, and everyone seems to be in the clean out and clear out mode. I just planted a bunch of herbs in pots which will stay inside for a few weeks. A lot of good things are in the works. Juice is about to be flowing. I'm half way through school. Putting together a new program that I will be rolling out on Monday- stay tuned!

Ahhhhhh......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...